If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to email@example.com including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself – a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
We’re on the hunt for a Senior Merchant to join our team. If sports and fitness are a part of your life that you can’t live without, if you love gear and apparel and you understand the balance of art and science in the merchandising process, this may be the job for you.
What you will do in this job:
- Develop and drive assortment plans that support the business goals and key item focus across all channels
- Manage key vendor relationships to enhance T9 business
- Negotiate with vendors to maximize long-term financial success through margin, terms and/or creative ideas that enhance the T9 brand, and drives sales.
- Help build and execute on a seasonal calendar that ensures the team meets critical deadlines
- Analyze current trends and historical sales to inform the product mix that best represents the T9 brand
- Responsible for vendor selection, negotiation and product management
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with interdepartmental partners in Inventory Planning, Marketing and Creative
- Put together the best mix of products that features our athletic and outdoor apparel as well as the sportswear that covers our customers’ needs for the balance of her day.
- 5-7 years of merchandising experience; ideally in women’s active apparel
- Opinionated, product user who can back up her opinions with facts
- Must have strong skills in seasonal assortment planning
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize independently in a fast-paced environment
- Deep commitment to gain knowledge of the customer and the market
- Self-starter and yep, we really mean this. You’ll learn by doing and failing and doing again…we think that’s the fun part.
- Proficient in Excel
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills
- A thick skin, love of chocolate and a sense of humor a must!
back to top
We are currently on the hunt for a talented Controller who will be responsible for managing all financial reporting, budgets and accounting functions. The Controller manages a 4-person A/P, A/R and Payroll and Benefits team and reports to the CFO/COO.
Essential Job Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
- Manages accounting functions, financial reporting, and payroll/benefits administration function of the organization
- Manages all accounting personnel, processes and systems
- Manage general ledger for three divisions and two brands
- Fluent in GAAP application for retail
- Directs the accurate analysis, posting, processing, reconciling, and reporting of all financial transactions and information
- Reviews and approves general ledger / payroll & benefits administration transactions
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory and cash management
- Ensure timely month-end close process
- Works alongside management team to author and maintain annual budget
- Develops and monitors financial metrics and results of the organization against budget.
- Produce weekly dashboard and other ad hoc reports to ensure tracking to budget
- Oversees the annual financial audit
- Ensures all required information is accurately generated and submitted to external auditors and advisors
- Responsible for accurate physical inventory and reconciliation processes
- Designs and generates financial statements and other accounting statements and reports for management, bank and owner
- Serves as primary interface with the bank, auditors and tax consultants
- Oversees the preparation of tax and financial information required to complete federal and 11 state filings
- With CFO, assesses overall company risk factors and oversees the negotiation and purchase of all insurance policies
- Oversees general compliance, reporting and insurance/risk management
- Continually makes recommendations for improving business practices, accounting processes and systems that support business growth goals and new initiatives
- Manages, mentors and develops the accounting and payroll/benefits administration team of five
- Leads the development, training and support of the accounting staff
- Work effectively interdepartmentally with other T9 depts.
- Active CPA license
- Team management experience
back to top
We have an immediate need for a part-time, freelance mid-level graphic designer who will work onsite 2 days (or 16 hours) per week.
You will assist our digital art director in translating concepts from our seasonal catalogs into digital and print executions: web pages, emails, display and social ads, retail signage, collateral.
You will have prior experience working in e-commerce/retailing.
Culturally, we're looking for a product user who is passionate about building a brand online, is a self-starter, is exceptionally detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment.
- Assist the digital art director in planning and executing the seasonal launch package
- Design/produce home pages, gateways, banners, web assets for desktop and mobile
- Design/produce emails
- Design/produce display and social media ads
- Design/produce retail posters
- BA degree in Graphic Design/related field or equivalent work experience
- Must possess excellent layout/design/production skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience (e-commerce and apparel experience is a plus)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Keen sense of typography, photo-editing and copy editing
- Ability to self-manage to meet tight deadlines
back to top
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love working out in quality women's gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment and have experience in Retail, Customer Service, Contact Centers - look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you.
We're looking for fitness-inspired, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals to join our busy Customer Experience Center and be part of an exceptional Customer Service team. As a Customer Service team member you will be passionate about our customers (aka fans) and our products while excelling in a collaborative work environment. You'll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our fans and doing order entry, live-chat and emails! If you thrive in this environment, we need you!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Process customer orders and requests either by telephone or electronically
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Resolve customer issues
- Manage customer accounts
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge
- Stellar communication skills – verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Curiosity about finding solutions and getting to the bottom of things
- Rock-solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about helping people
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative and drive
- Sense of humor and fondness of chocolate a plus
back to top
We're looking for Store Managers for our Edina, MN; San Diego (Carmel Valley), CA; and Walnut Creek, CA stores!
As Store Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. Each day you'll multi-task between people management, event development and retail sales, so you'll need managerial and leadership experience. You will work to meet and exceed your P&Ls, store budgets and projections while maintaining a strong connection to our customer and our brand. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff on an ongoing basis.
What you will do in this job:
- Ensure all budget and comp store sales goals are met and communicated to team.
- Continually coach and train team members on product knowledge.
- Enable and inspire team to share passion for our brand in a meaningful way.
- Consistently role model exceptional service for all team members.
- Conduct ongoing recruiting and hiring of exceptional staff.
- Actively network, recruit and interview to ensure applicant pipeline is full to ensure open positions are filled within a timely manner.
- Utilize customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service.
- Manage staffing levels and create schedules that support customer service and daily operations within budget.
- Recognize and respond to performance issues with honest and direct communication.
- Deliver consistently balanced results, drive for financial performance both "top & bottom line".
What Title Nine needs from you:
- 3+ years of retail management or related experience. Apparel management a plus!
- Passion for our product, sports, fitness and our brand.
- A strong track record of attracting, coaching, mentoring, developing and retaining an exceptional team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external service.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational performance and manage to established budgets.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a constantly changing environment.
- Positive can do attitude.
- A love of chocolate and a sense of humor
back to top
We're looking for Assistant Store Managers for our Boulder, CO; Dallas, TX; Spokane, WA; Boise, ID; Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL; Palo Alto; Berkeley; Mill Valley; and Walnut Creek, CA stores!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail – look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. Our Sales Associates are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|San Diego, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
||Le Ann Shaw
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top