If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to email@example.com including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself – a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
Title Nine is looking for someone to lead both the strategic direction and the organizational development of our merchandising team.
Do you often find yourself using your skirt as a changing room at the trailhead? Do you always travel with your workout gear, just in case? Do you love your work-out gear and expect a lot out of it? If sports and fitness are a non-negotiable part of your life, if you enjoy both the art and science of merchandising and you understand how to lead a team through the total merchandising process, then we want to talk to you about this position.
What you will do in this job:
- Work as part of the senior management team to set overall business objectives and allocation of resources
- Deliver on sales, margin, product return and product quality goals
- Drive a merchandising and development process that enables us to develop the best Title Nine product while continuing to source and carry the best of branded product
- Hire, lead and develop a merchandising, product development, and sourcing team that cohesively delivers exceptional performance product that defines the Title Nine brand
- Develop assortment plans that support the business’s goals and key item focus
- Be the chief bra guru as bras are the foundation of our business
- Help build comprehensive assortment strategies and plans that drive our brand and our business through all channels
- Help build and execute on a seasonal calendar that ensures the team meets critical deadlines
- Lead the merchandise and the product development teams to develop new, exclusive styles across categories and across supplier resources (brand, SMU, and T9 product development)
- Analyze historical sales performance and use as a tool in making merchandising strategy
- Responsible for vendor selection, negotiation, product management and most importantly, ongoing vendor relationship building
- Drive the color palette, print selection and print development process as a unique way of differentiating T9 within the market
- As a senior leader, actively engages with your network to develop a pipeline of potential candidates across the organization
- Act as an initiator and manager of change throughout T9
- Work closely with the Inventory leader to manage each inventory buy, turn and cash flow
- Work closely with the Creative and E-commerce leaders to develop Creative and E-commerce assets that drive both the business and the brand
What Title Nine needs from you:
- First and foremost you are a product user with strong, personal opinions about performance fabrics and apparel
- You are a strong leader who can lead a team through all aspects of merchandising
- You have demonstrated ability to make trade offs in context of overall T9 strategy & goals
- You have experience working inter-departmentally and gaining traction with peers and departments that do not necessarily report to you
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize independently in a fast paced environment
- You’ve got over ten years of merchandising or buying experience in performance apparel within retail industry
- Strong analytical, conceptual and strategic skills
- Deep commitment to gain knowledge of the customer and the market
- Self motivated and pushes self to perform at a higher level while inspiring others
- Where most folks might see problems, you see solutions
- A love of chocolate, thick skin and a sense of humor a must!
back to top
Evolving Distribution Center needs experienced, motivated leader with an eye for detail and dedicated initiative towards accurate inventory maintenance. Our DC is growing from manual, paper-based management style to fast-paced, electronic management systems using RF guns and advanced warehousing software.
Basic department needs include (but aren't limited to):
- Leading a flex team of approximately 4-10 diverse, multi-talented individuals in I.C.-oriented tasks and projects — such as Cycle Counting, product-location arrangement and inventory pulls.
- Overseeing the accurate and efficient movement of product, both physically and virtually.
- Preparing and monitoring daily / weekly work plans and pace, discussing and implementing modifications as necessary to meet goals.
- Directing and overseeing productivity and labor strategies, and employee training and development.
- Working with other department leaders to support labor and data needs, ensuring efficient communication around inventory status.
The successful Supervisor:
- Is open to rapidly adjusting priorities and to accommodating versatile strategies.
- Communicates plans, goals and expectations to team members with the goal of driving engagement and enthusiasm. Provides corrective guidance when necessary.
- Delegates as well as participates with all levels of departmental tasks when / where necessary.
- Communicates effectively through multiple avenues (personal interaction, e-mail, and phone) with DC managers and interdepartmentally to update and coordinate efforts towards goals.
- General warehousing experience is required, and inventory management experience is necessary.
- Team leadership experience (ex., athletic team captaincy and/or work related project lead).
- Computer savvy, both with internet and Excel.
- Goal completion driven, but able to maintain sense of humor under pressure.
Basic requirements include:
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to move around in high and low areas using step ladders and stools.
- Sit at a desk for extended amounts of time.
- Be able to push and pull utility carts and pallet jacks.
Experience with PowerHouse and / or CommercialWare software will be very useful, but not required. A sense of strategic adventure as well as organization and team-based motivation skills will serve the successful candidate well in this role. As this is a supervisory position, candidate should be prepared to describe previous leadership experiences, successes and failures both, and how those experiences will support performance in this position.
back to top
We're looking for fitness-inspired, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals to join our busy Contact Center and be part of an exceptional Customer Service team. As a Customer Service team member you will be passionate about our customers (aka fans) and our products while excelling in a collaborative work environment. You'll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our fans and doing order entry, live-chat and emails! If you thrive in this environment, we need you!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders and requests either by telephone or electronically
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Resolve customer issues
- Manage customer accounts
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge
- Stellar communication skills – verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Curiosity about finding solutions and getting to the bottom of things
- Rock-solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about helping people
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative and drive
- Sense of humor and fondness of chocolate a plus
Full-time hourly positions available. Our hours are Monday through Friday 5am-7pm and Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. Our ideal candidates will be available to work at least one weekend day. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR AVAILABILITY IN YOUR EMAIL. Applicants who include a cover letter get bonus points!
back to top
We are looking for Store Managers for our awesome Palo Alto, CA store!
Does this sound like you?
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to multi-task: retail sales, store operations, team building/motivation.
- Strong and effective organizational and communication skills.
- Happy as a clam in a fast-paced environment.
Then Join Our Retail Team!
As Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff in all aspects of
sales, customer relations, and inventory management on an ongoing basis. A passion for customer service is a must.
And as always, a love for fun, fitness and sport is our number one requirement. This is a salaried position with great
If you are looking for that next great opportunity with Title Nine send us your resume. Resumes with great cover letter
letting us know how sports and fitness changed your life get extra bonus points.
We can't wait to hear from you!
back to top
We're looking for Assistant Store Managers for our La Jolla, Mill Valley, and Palo Alto CA; Dallas, TX; Madison, WI; and Portland, OR stores!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail – look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. Our Sales Associates are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|La Jolla, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
||Le Ann Shaw
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top