If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself - a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
We are looking for an experienced Product Developer/Technical Designer, with a passion for sports and fitness, to join our growing Product Development team.
What you will do in this job:
- Ownership for entire development process from design concept, development, through production
- Initiate concept costing negotiations with vendors to exceed margin expectations and maximize profit
- Partner with design and merchandising to create development tech packs for each style, ensuring complete and accurate information on BOM component of the tech pack is included.
- Organize and manage all fit sessions
- Evaluate samples for fit, function, balance, movement, proportion and construction prior to weekly fittings
- Work with Design and vendors to effectively solve and communicate any development issues
- Ensure all development documentation is maintained for assigned styles, including product specs and prototype notes
- Communicate all fit comments to vendors in a timely manner from 1st proto through TOP approval
- Ensure that all styles meet T9 fit and quality standards
- Collect and maintain results for wear test samples
- Manage care approval and testing for all styles
- Adhere to and communicate product development time lines
What Title Nine needs from you:
- 5+ years of technical design/sweater experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Illustrator
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with ever changing situations
- Attention to detail and organizational skills a must
- Flexibility and a sense of humor are critical to the success of this role with Title Nine!
back to top
Title Nine is on the hunt for a talented Network Administrator to support our growing multi-channel business. This position is responsible for installation, management,
maintenance and capacity planning for network and desktop computing. A key part of the role is identifying business requirements; installing upgrades and monitoring system performance.
- Windows OS system administration, active directory
- VMWare, VSphere maintenance & support
- Microsoft Office administration
- Router administration
- Firewall administration
- Security and virus protection management
- Help desk management and support
- Telecommunication vendor management
- Maintains network performance through network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Responsible for managing, mentoring and developing helpdesk/desktop support personnel and planning for future needs.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- 5+ years of Windows OS system administration and MS Office administration
- Current experience with virtual machine software and technology
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging OS and application issues
- Demonstrated experience with internal customer service skills
- Self-motivated to work alone or in a team
- Team management experience
- Prior success and affinity for working in small, flat entrepreneurial organizations
- SQL Server Administration knowledge
- Troubleshooting financial applications such as Solomon, ODBC-related apps, POS apps
- Backup Exec
- Mac-related support
- IBM iSeries
- Phone systems
- Deployment and moving of retail locations
back to top
We are looking for an experienced Web Systems & User Experience Administrator, with a passion for sports and fitness, to join our growing Ecommerce team.
The Web Systems & User Experience Administrator evaluates the customer "path-to-purchase" by utilizing website metrics reporting (Omniture) and makes recommendations for streamlining conversions and new customer acquisitions. This role has a thorough knowledge of the order integration system and an excellent understanding of dataflow, data implementations and feeds, backend systems as well as a solid understanding of the Title Nine customer. This role is integral to our website's success as they provide daily systems support, make continuous improvements, trouble-shoot problems and manage the relationship between T9 and their site hosting company (Marketlive) and other web systems vendors.
Web Systems & Processes:
- Implementation and troubleshooting of website systems and processes. Ensures the functionality and helps maintain order flow process.
- Helps manage (and troubleshoot) data transfer process and integration between Commercialware and web platform.
- Acts as liaison between IT and eCommerce teams.
- Manages source code and promotion code creation as needed. Works closely with marketing team and circulation to provide necessary offer codes.
- Manages seasonal launch schedule and coordinates work between web production, web merchant and marketing coordinator to launch a new season.
- Partners with Web Merchant, Merchandising, Creative to scope site tools to drive customer engagement and increase conversion.
- Defines, develops and documents all design requirements for projects.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and feedback for designs.
- Responsible for scoping project and working with co-dev on development team to outline project deliverables, reporting needs, schedule, and budget.
- Manages the build process from beginning to completion. Leads the user testing and provides final approval of new site features and functionality.
- Strong technical background and solid understanding of HTTP, cookies, multiple browser support, analytics programs as needed.
- Manages outside vendor relationships, costs out and manages web customization projects and schedules.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Manages relationship with site integration vendors, Tealium, SLI and Certona. Main point of contact for custom work with these vendors.
- Reviews and maintains website reporting for home pages, gateways and tools (bra finder, mix and match) and makes recommendations for conversion optimization.
- Has a thorough knowledge of the website front end functionality and is able to make ad-hoc product and asset edits and updates.
- Acts as a team player and self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks, work independently and to drive projects to completion. Has ability to initiate, plan and execute in order to meet deadlines.
- Has previously used an eCommerce administrative tool (Marketlive a plus).
- Familiarity with web reporting analytics software (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, etc.).
- Manages and drives A/B site testing for key pages to develop insights for increased conversions or future tests.
- Conducts regular user research and usability studies and presents actionable recommendations. In addition, talk to real customers and designers to get feedback.
back to top
Our evolving Distribution Center needs a broadminded, motivated leader with an eye for detail and dedicated initiative towards quick product turn-around. Our warehouse is growing from a manual, paper-based management style to fast-paced, electronic management systems using RF guns and advanced warehousing software.
What you will do in the role:
- Lead a team of approximately 10 diverse, multi-talented individuals.
- Prepare and monitor daily/weekly work plans and pace, discussing and implementing modifications as necessary to meet goals.
- Direct and oversee productivity and processing strategies and employee training and development.
- Work with internal and external departmental leaders to support labor and data needs with exceptional customer service being the primary motivator.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Be open to rapidly adjusting priorities and motivated to accommodate versatile strategies to respond to such changes.
- Communicate plans, goals and expectations to team members with the goal of driving engagement and enthusiasm, providing corrective guidance when necessary.
- Delegate as well as participate with all levels of departmental tasks when/where necessary.
- Communicate effectively through multiple avenues (e-mail, phone, personal interaction) with DC managers and inter-departmentally to update and coordinate efforts towards goals.
- Team leadership experience (ex., athletic team captaincy and/or work-related project lead)
- Computer savvy, both with internet and Excel. Powerhouse experience a plus.
- General warehousing experience is required, familiarity with Shipping and/or Receiving will be useful.
- Goal completion-driven, but able to maintain sense of humor under pressure.
Basic requirements include:
- Be able to lift 40lbs.
- Be able to move around in high and low areas using step ladders and stools.
- Sit at a desk for extended amounts of time.
- Be able to push and pull utility carts and pallet jacks.
As this is a supervisory position, please be prepared to describe previous leadership experiences -- successes AND failures -- and how those experiences will support performance in this position.
back to top
We're looking for fitness-inspired, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals to join our busy Contact Center and be part of an exceptional Customer Service team. As a Customer Service team member you will be passionate about our customers (aka fans) and our products while excelling in a collaborative work environment. You'll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our fans and doing order entry, live-chat and emails! If you thrive in this environment, we need you!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders and requests either by telephone or electronically
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Resolve customer issues
- Manage customer accounts
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge
- Stellar communication skills - verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Curiosity about finding solutions and getting to the bottom of things
- Rock-solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about helping people
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative and drive
- Sense of humor and fondness of chocolate a plus
Full-time hourly positions available (30-40 hours per week). Our hours are Monday through Friday 5am-7pm and Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. Our ideal candidates will be available to work at least one weekend day. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR AVAILABILITY IN YOUR EMAIL. Applicants who include a cover letter get bonus points!
back to top
Does this sound like you?
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to multi-task: retail sales, store operations, team building/motivation.
- Strong and effective organizational and communication skills.
- Happy as a clam in a fast-paced environment.
Then Join Our Retail Team!
As Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff in all aspects of sales, customer relations, and inventory management on an ongoing basis. A passion for customer service is a must. And as always, a love for fun, fitness and sport is our number one requirement. This is a salaried position with great benefits.
If you are looking for that next great opportunity with Title Nine send us your resume. Resumes with great cover letter letting us know how sports and fitness changed your life get extra bonus points.
We can't wait to hear from you!
back to top
We are looking for Assistant Store Managers for our Mill Valley and Los Gatos, CA; Eugene, OR; Colorado Springs, CO; and Austin, TX stores!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail - look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly...like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. As a Sales Associate, we are looking for team members who are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly...like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|La Jolla, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
||Lori von Kaenel
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
||Le Ann Shaw
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top