If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to email@example.com including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself – a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
We are on the lookout for an experienced District Manager who will directly supervise 6 California retail stores. The DM manages Store Managers and is responsible for driving business within California through effective coaching and development of the store leadership teams.
This is a small region with great growth potential. It is a great opportunity for someone who currently manages a larger volume store, and has had other multi-store duties within the district.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for achieving budgeted, profit and comp financial results for assigned stores by maximizing top-line sales and ensuring a consistent, outstanding Brand experience for our customers.
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent with the goal of succession planning and building bench strength.
- Develop and maintain positive ongoing relationships within the community to develop pipeline of potential candidates and maximize business opportunities.
- Maximize impact of store merchandising and visual presentations.
- Work with store teams and other departments to achieve operational and financial goals and objectives including driving sales, managing payroll and other controllable expenses, and delivering profitability.
- Builds team spirit and morale by actively seeking and promoting innovative ideas to improve sales, store operations, training and team morale.
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure Title Nine's standards in all areas are being met including visual merchandising, hiring, coaching and mentoring, customer service, community outreach, operation, finance, etc.
- Participate in retail related projects and initiatives.
- The California DM is based within the Bay Area.
The successful individual in this role is technically sound as a store manager. Key characteristics and experience include:
- Passionate about our product, sports, fitness and our brand.
- 5+ years of retail store management experience, a focus on specialty or active and athletic apparel a plus. Area management or multi-location experience required.
- Consistent ability shown to grow sales and drive change.
- A strong track record of attracting, coaching, mentoring, developing and retaining the best folks around.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external service.
- Diplomatic with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Displays a strong level of engagement and is viewed as a leader within the district, region and company.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational performance of the retail business and manage to established budgets.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a constantly changing environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing processes and procedures to streamline operations, and ensure consistency across all stores.
- Positive attitude, inspirational leadership and a can do attitude. Effectively creates a fun and engaging environment for employees and customers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Great sense of humor and a love of chocolate.
back to top
Our evolving Distribution Center needs a broadminded, motivated leader with an eye for detail and dedicated initiative towards quick product turn-around. Our warehouse is growing from a manual, paper-based management style to fast-paced, electronic management systems using RF guns and advanced warehousing software.
What you will do in the role:
- Lead a team of approximately 10 diverse, multi-talented individuals.
- Prepare and monitor daily/weekly work plans and pace, discussing and implementing modifications as necessary to meet goals.
- Direct and oversee productivity and processing strategies and employee training and development.
- Oversee the accurate and efficient movement of product.
- Work with internal and external departmental leaders to support labor and data needs with exceptional customer service being the primary motivator.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Be open to rapidly adjusting priorities and motivated to accommodate versatile strategies to respond to such changes.
- Communicate plans, goals and expectations to team members with the goal of driving engagement and enthusiasm, providing corrective guidance when necessary.
- Delegate as well as participate with all levels of departmental tasks when/where necessary.
- Communicate effectively through multiple avenues (e-mail, phone, personal interaction) with DC managers and inter-departmentally to update and coordinate efforts towards goals.
- Team leadership experience (ex., athletic team captaincy and/or work-related project lead)
- Computer savvy, both with internet and Excel. Powerhouse experience a plus.
- General warehousing experience is required, familiarity with Shipping and/or Receiving will be useful.
- Goal completion-driven, but able to maintain sense of humor under pressure.
Basic requirements include:
- Able to lift 40 lbs.
- Able to move around in high and low areas using step ladders and stools.
- Sit at a desk for extended amounts of time.
- Be able to push and pull utility carts and pallet jacks.
As this is a supervisory position, please be prepared to describe previous leadership experiences — successes AND failures — and how those experiences will support performance in this position.
back to top
We are looking for an Apparel Design Intern for a 6 month internship to join our busy Merchandising team. The position may develop into an Assistant Designer position, depending upon department needs. What you will do in this job:
- Manage all style sketches for each season
- Manage seasonal binders of sketches, BOM's, etc
- Build presentation CADs and manage seasonal wall
- Build CAD books in InDesign and keep up-to-date
- Track all designer updates and handle presentation CAD updates
- Handle all sketch updates as needed
- Handle any new style CAD work as needed
- Make sure all CADs are prepped for color, including defined layers, trims, callouts
- Assist Design team in building seasonal color palettes, both digital and physical
- Manage digital and physical color palettes, including any additions and drops and keep Merch and PD teams up-to-date on current palettes
- Work closely with Design team to color up seasonal line and handle changes and updates
- Enter labdip info onto labdip document and update as needed throughout season
- Assist in building and maintaining seasonal materials brief
- Build and maintain seasonal fabric board
- Build and maintain trim page
- Manage color library, keeping track of new colors ordered and when colors are used season to season
- Build color palette boards for design and merchandising teams
- Assist Design Director in building seasonal presentation boards
- Assist in design & trend research
- Help manage and prep samples and protos for line reviews
- Maintain seasonal purchased market samples
Inspiration & Presentation
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Strong fashion illustration ability with an eye for a feminine silhouette
- Basic understanding of pattern-making and construction techniques
- Technical drawing ability
- An eye for color and basic understanding of color theory
- An eye for modern and active style
- Basic Excel and Word knowledge
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tight timelines
back to top
We are looking for a Freelance Apparel Designer with a focus on dresses, skirts, skorts and tops. The person in this role would provide research and design work for performance and lifestyle categories with an emphasis on performance fabrics, modern styling, and merging new ideas for an active feminine customer. Color and pattern are extremely important for the Title Nine customer. The right candidate will have a strong ability to incorporate performance attributes to lifestyle pieces as well as bring a fresh, feminine perspective to performance/athletic styles.
- Meet and communicate regularly with Design Director at pre-determined calendar dates
- Work with Design Director and seasonal briefs to craft ideas and build appropriate collections
- Provide hand or computer sketches to present ideas
- Provide trend and inspiration images and samples to support ideas
- Build design packages to convey design intent and technical details to Product Development team
- Work with Design Director & Sourcing/Materials to develop appropriate yarns/materials and trims per style/collection
- Work with Design Assistant and Graphic Designer to create appropriate Ai swatches and color combos for CADs
- Strong ability to draw by hand and computer
- Strong Adobe Illustrator skills
- Education/background in apparel design
- Understanding of performance apparel, fabrics, yarns, and construction techniques
- Modern, technical, forward-thinking and feminine design aesthetics
- Up-to-date knowledge of the current active/outdoor marketplace and active lifestyle apparel trends: silhouettes, fabrics, textures, color, details, etc.
- Clear presentation and communication skills
- Ability to be creative and professional under tight timelines
Please send your cover letter, resume, electronic link to your portfolio (or at least 5 samples of your work).
back to top
We are looking for an experienced Retail Operations Manager. Your primary job will be providing operational support for all stores – existing and new. You will develop retail processes and structure that support our growth. You'll develop customer facing and non-customer facing processes that are consistent with our brand and may or may not align with "industry" standards. Because, in the end, everything becomes customer facing.
What you will do in this job:
- Create retail processes that both support our retail sales growth and reflect our brand values.
- Ensure successful execution of "Blowout Sales" events to ensure they reflect our brand values, meet our financial targets and support our retail stores.
- Work in partnership with T9 internal team to ensure successful execution of T9k race events.
- Establish and oversee yearly budgets for store build-outs, remodels and new store openings.
- Develop plan and execute on opening of new stores - including store siting, working with Marketing on customer demographics, budgeting, developing letters of intent, lease negotiations and selection and management of build out contractors.
Work with store staff and opening team to transition new stores to their control.
Develop plan and execute on remodels and improvements to existing stores.
Retail Systems expert - work with Information Technology team to troubleshoot all POS and retail systems-related issues, implement changes and continuously work to improve efficiency of systems. Work with store teams, accounting and IT to manage all upgrades and system/process changes. Oversee the physical inventory process in retail stores to ensure accurate inventory counts and identify inventory shortage areas; troubleshoot inventory count and systems issues.
Develop sound processes to manage locates, RTVs, bad returns, WITE errors, etc.
Responsible for all retail manager travel arrangements and travel budgets.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Multi-channel specialty retail experience and proven ability to develop infrastructure to support our multi-channel, multi-store growth.
Expertise in retail POS systems and integration into ERP or operational production systems.
Prior experience in new store siting, initiating LOIs, retail space lease review/negotiations and new store builds.
Strong track record of developing effective processes to support entrepreneurial growth.
Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
Exceptional negotiation skills.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills plus the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels in the company and with all departments.
Great sense of humor and a love of chocolate :)
Licensed notary a plus!
back to top
We are looking for Store Managers for our awesome Palo Alto, CA and Lincoln Park (Chicago), IL stores!
Does this sound like you?
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to multi-task: retail sales, store operations, team building/motivation.
- Strong and effective organizational and communication skills.
- Happy as a clam in a fast-paced environment.
Then Join Our Retail Team!
As Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff in all aspects of
sales, customer relations, and inventory management on an ongoing basis. A passion for customer service is a must.
And as always, a love for fun, fitness and sport is our number one requirement. This is a salaried position with great
If you are looking for that next great opportunity with Title Nine send us your resume. Resumes with great cover letter
letting us know how sports and fitness changed your life get extra bonus points.
We can't wait to hear from you!
back to top
We're looking for an Assistant Store Manager for our San Diego, CA store!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail – look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. Our Sales Associates are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|San Diego, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
||Le Ann Shaw
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top