If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to email@example.com including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself - a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
We are currently on the hunt for a talented Controller who will be responsible for managing all financial reporting, budgets and accounting functions. The Controller manages a 5-person A/P, A/R and Payroll and Benefits team and reports to the CFO/COO.
- Manages primary accounting and financial functions of the organization including personnel, processes and systems
- Manages general ledger for three divisions and two brands
- Directs the accurate analysis, posting, processing, reconciling, and reporting of all financial transactions and information
- Reviews and approves general ledger / payroll transactions
- Ensures timely month-end close process
- Works alongside management team to author and maintain annual budget
- Develops and monitors financial metrics and results of the organization against budget
- Produces weekly dashboard and other ad hoc reports to ensure tracking to budget
- Oversees the annual financial audit
- Ensures all required information is accurately generated and submitted to external auditors and advisors
- Responsible for accurate physical inventory and reconciliation processes
- Designs and generates financial statements and other accounting statements and reports for management, bank and owner
- Serves as primary interface with the bank, auditors and tax consultants
- Oversees the preparation of tax and financial information required to complete federal and eight state filings
- With CFO, assesses overall company risk factors and oversees the negotiation and purchase of all insurance policies
- Oversees general compliance, reporting and insurance/risk management
- Continually makes recommendations for improving business practices, accounting processes and systems that support business growth goals and new initiatives
- Manages, develops and trains the finance and payroll team of five
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Active CPA license
- 7+ years of Controller level experience for retail business with inventory
- Team management experience
- Fluent in GAAP application for retail
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory and cash management
- Proven experience as a leader who can attract, develop and mentor highly talented team players who support Title Nine brand and growth
- Experience working inter-departmentally and gaining traction with peers and departments that do not necessarily report to you
- Prior success and affinity for working in small, flat entrepreneurial organizations
- A love of chocolate, thick skin and a sense of humor a must!
back to top
We are on the lookout for a Web Systems Administrator to join our E-Commerce team. In this position you will evaluate the customer "path-to-purchase" by utilizing website metrics reporting (Omniture) and making recommendations for streamlining conversions and new customer acquisitions. This role has a thorough knowledge of the order integration system and a basic understanding of dataflow, data implementations and feeds, backend systems as well as a solid understanding of the Title Nine customer. This role can leverage web analytics data to understand customer behavior and make actionable recommendations. This role is integral to our website's success as you will provide daily systems support, make continuous improvements and troubleshoot problems.
What you will do in this job:
- Troubleshoot website systems and processes. Ensure functionality and help maintain order flow process.
- Help manage (and troubleshoot) data transfer process and integration between Commercialware and web platform
- Manage source code and promotion code creation as needed. Work closely with marketing team and circulation to provide necessary offer codes.
- Manage seasonal launches schedule and coordinate work between web production, web merchant and marketing coordinator to launch a new season.
- Define, develop, and document all design requirements for projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and feedback for designs.
- Manage the build process from beginning to completion. Lead the user testing and provide final approval of new site features and functionality.
- Help manage some outside vendor relationships, cost out and manage web customization projects and schedules.
- Review and maintain website reporting for home pages, gateways and tools (bra finder, mix and match) and make recommendations for conversion optimization
- Have a thorough knowledge of the website front end functionality and be able to make ad-hoc product and asset edits and updates
- Act as a team player and self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks, work independently and to drive projects to completion. Have ability to initiate, plan and execute in order to meet deadlines.
- Manage and drive A/B site testing for key pages to develop insights for increase conversions or future tests.
- Conduct regular user research and usability studies and present actionable recommendations.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Strong CW skills
- MS Excel
- MS Access - MSSQL or Oracle a plus
- Previously experience with an eCommerce administrative tool a plus
- Familiarity with web reporting analytics software (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail with data and numbers - you like figuring out logic problems & how systems work
- A love of chocolate with a sense of humor!
back to top
Our evolving Distribution Center needs a broadminded, motivated leader with an eye for detail and dedicated initiative towards quick product turn-around. Our warehouse is growing from a manual, paper-based management style to fast-paced, electronic management systems using RF guns and advanced warehousing software.
What you will do in the role:
- Lead a team of approximately 10 diverse, multi-talented individuals.
- Prepare and monitor daily/weekly work plans and pace, discussing and implementing modifications as necessary to meet goals.
- Direct and oversee productivity and processing strategies and employee training and development.
- Work with internal and external departmental leaders to support labor and data needs with exceptional customer service being the primary motivator.
What Title Nine needs from you:
- Be open to rapidly adjusting priorities and motivated to accommodate versatile strategies to respond to such changes.
- Communicate plans, goals and expectations to team members with the goal of driving engagement and enthusiasm, providing corrective guidance when necessary.
- Delegate as well as participate with all levels of departmental tasks when/where necessary.
- Communicate effectively through multiple avenues (e-mail, phone, personal interaction) with DC managers and inter-departmentally to update and coordinate efforts towards goals.
- Team leadership experience (ex., athletic team captaincy and/or work-related project lead)
- Computer savvy, both with internet and Excel. Powerhouse experience a plus.
- General warehousing experience is required, familiarity with Shipping and/or Receiving will be useful.
- Goal completion-driven, but able to maintain sense of humor under pressure.
Basic requirements include:
- Be able to lift 40lbs.
- Be able to move around in high and low areas using step ladders and stools.
- Sit at a desk for extended amounts of time.
- Be able to push and pull utility carts and pallet jacks.
As this is a supervisory position, please be prepared to describe previous leadership experiences -- successes AND failures -- and how those experiences will support performance in this position.
back to top
We're looking for fitness-inspired, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals to join our busy Contact Center and be part of an exceptional Customer Service team. As a Customer Service team member you will be passionate about our customers (aka fans) and our products while excelling in a collaborative work environment. You'll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our fans and doing order entry, live-chat and emails! If you thrive in this environment, we need you!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders and requests either by telephone or electronically
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Resolve customer issues
- Manage customer accounts
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge
- Stellar communication skills - verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Curiosity about finding solutions and getting to the bottom of things
- Rock-solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about helping people
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative and drive
- Sense of humor and fondness of chocolate a plus
Full-time hourly positions available (30-40 hours per week). Our hours are Monday through Friday 5am-7pm and Saturday and Sunday 7am-3pm. Our ideal candidates will be available to work at least one weekend day. PLEASE SPECIFY YOUR AVAILABILITY IN YOUR EMAIL. Applicants who include a cover letter get bonus points!
back to top
We're looking for a store manager for our awesome store in Leawood, KS!
Does this sound like you?
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to multi-task: retail sales, store operations, team building/motivation.
- Strong and effective organizational and communication skills.
- Happy as a clam in a fast-paced environment.
Then Join Our Retail Team!
As Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff in all aspects of sales, customer relations, and inventory management on an ongoing basis. A passion for customer service is a must. And as always, a love for fun, fitness and sport is our number one requirement. This is a salaried position with great benefits.
If you are looking for that next great opportunity with Title Nine send us your resume. Resumes with great cover letter letting us know how sports and fitness changed your life get extra bonus points.
We can't wait to hear from you!
back to top
We are looking for Assistant Store Managers for our Mill Valley and Los Gatos, CA; Colorado Springs, CO; and Austin and Dallas, TX stores!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail - look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly...like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. As a Sales Associate, we are looking for team members who are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly...like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|La Jolla, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
||Lori von Kaenel
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
||Le Ann Shaw
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top