When we're going off-trail, we pull on a pair of Title Nine hiking pants for women. For whatever adventure we're looking to conquer, our collection of women's hiking pants, tights, and leggings are always a great fit for your next trip off the beaten path.
What are the best pants for hiking?
At Title Nine, we create and curate a selection of pants for hikers, climbers, and adventurers. Then we test them out in the real world, on real women. That means we're dialed in on the best features for hiking-specific pants for women. So what should you be on the lookout for?
- Sweat-proof, quick-dry materials: Our moisture-wicking hiking pants are made of breathable materials to keep us warm or cool while providing UPF 50 sun protection. If river-crossings are in your future, look for water resistance or quick-dry materials.
- Adjustable lengths: Many of our full-length and capri-length trail-ready pants have an adjustable or elastic waistband for an even more individualized fit. Some styles even have built-in adjustable ruching via a hidden toggle near the ankle, creating convertible pants that can go from full-length to mid-calf inseam lengths, for thru-hikes to day trips.
- Carry-all styling: Front pockets, cargo pockets, and zipper pockets let us stash essentials within arm's reach on-trail, and fit most smartphones.
Do you really need hiking pants?
Can't I just wear jeans on a hike instead? Jeans have earned a well-deserved star-studded place in our closet, but wearing jeans on a hike means you're really missing out on the next level of comfort, function, and adjustability that hiking pants can give you. So, what makes hiking pants better than jeans for your next hike?
- Breathability: From stretchy poly/spandex to our breathable ClambR performance fabric, we've got a variety of hiking pants and leggings that wick away sweat to keep us cool during warm-weather adventures.
- Quick-drying: Quick-drying, water-resistant fabrics ensure that we stay dry wherever we are, whether it's exploring a new city or climbing up the next boulder.
- Insulation. For those adventures in the winter months, our stretchy fleece-lined tights and softshell pants keep us cozy, whether we're on the trail or on the road.
- Comfort and Versatility: We have both fixed and adjustable waistband styling to suit your preference. Looking for cargo hiking bottoms with hand pockets and belt loops? Form-fitting tights perfect for climbing? Or mid-rise hiking pants made of abrasion-resistant material? Our hiking pants for women move and stretch with you.
What women's hiking pant brands does Title Nine carry?
At Title Nine, we love a good hike, and the amazingly adjustable, moisture-wicking, water-repellent pants that go with it. Many of our hiking pants are designed by us and are ready to tackle multi-day trips to quick out-and-backs. We've also curated a selection of hikers from our favorite like-minded brands, including hard-working, abrasion-resistant pants, capris, and shorts by Kuhl, as well as quick-drying, travel-friendly hike options by prAna.