If you're passionate about women's sports and fitness, then Title Nine wants you! We are a multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores and a thriving web site and catalog business. Both we and our customers are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics, passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
- Our call center and administrative offices are located in Emeryville, CA.
- Our distribution center is in Point Richmond, CA.
- We currently have retail stores in California, Colorado, Idaho, Utah, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin, and Kansas.
We have exciting career opportunities available with great benefits including: medical/dental/vision, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership, and sports and fitness-related programs.
If one of the positions listed below sounds interesting to you, we'd love to hear from you! Even if you're not sure where you might fit within our company but you just gotta be a Title Niner, let us know. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume in text format within the body of the email (no attachments, please!). Tell us about yourself – a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness has affected your life, and your other interests outside of work.
We Are Hiring:
We’re looking for a VP of Operations and Finance to help us make the transition from founder-lead to professionally-run. The right person will help us marry our passionate DNA and fitness-centric culture with replicable and scaleable systems and processes.
We are long on entrepreneurial pluck and short on operational expertise...therein lies the opportunity. The Vice-President of Operations and Finance will oversee our Distribution Center (DC), customer service (CS), IT and Finance, insuring that these teams deliver on the promises we make to fellow T9ers, our suppliers and our customers.
- Work with the President, Founder and senior team to develop and execute a strategic plan for long-term, sustainable growth
- Develop and implement the long-term operational and financial strategies and practices that allow us to compete effectively and serve our customers well
- Ensure that we deliver on both strategies and tactics in a way that is fiscally responsible, healthy and sustainable for all stake holders
- Provide strategic, budgetary and daily leadership for the DC, CS and IT teams
- Responsible for defining, monitoring, and influencing performance metrics, including customer satisfaction, for all operational departments: DC, CS, IT
- Responsible for the smooth flow of data and information between all of the operating departments
- Provide leadership & strategic direction for the accounting team, including monthly reconciliation, close & financial statement preparation, yearly audit oversight, cash planning & management, financial reporting & analysis, budget, compliance & tax
- Lead the annual financial audit and physical inventories
- Ensure all vital internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets & ensure financial records & reporting is materially correct
- Work with Product Development & Inventory to maximize use of cash and inventory resources while at the same time supporting sales volume
- Work with Conditioning and Performance (HR) team to administer payroll and benefits
- Develop and maintain key banking and supplier relationships
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in operations and/or finance positions in multi-channel retail industry
- Hands on leadership and ability to manage up/down and across all levels
- Demonstrated excellence in personnel and team development and management skills
- Commitment to continual process improvement
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP, legal and regulatory compliance and reporting issues, preferably pertaining to the retail industry
- Proven track record of outstanding verbal/written communication skills, presentation, negotiation, influencing, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Proven proficiency in MS Office Applications-including Excel, Word, Access (preferred)
- Long-term, strategic thinker with ability to anticipate and plan forward 3 years
- Apparel experience and CPA preferred.
back to top
Attention email marketing enthusiasts! We are looking for a dynamic and talented Email Marketing Specialist to oversee our email marketing program. You must love detail, organization, analysis and the art and science of email. You are also a team player who enjoys working alongside the folks in marketing, creative, merchandising, and Web development to achieve business objectives. This position reports directly to the Ecommerce Director.
What you will do in this job:
- Manage our email calendar and process workflow; oversee the entire email process from customer contact strategy, to concept, kick-off brief, email coding, QA, segmentation, sending, and analysis for all marketing campaigns
- Design and execute triggered, lifecycle email strategies and A/B tests to constantly improve our emails, optimizing for key traffic and revenue metrics
- Conduct ongoing analyses that inform our email strategies; everything from customer segmentation, identifying top customers, reducing unsubscribes, and reactivating dormant subscribers. Craft insights from this analysis and share with the team weekly.
- Manage external email vendor relationships
- Monitor email deliverability and list hygiene to ensure optimal inbox placement
- Monitor monthly email budget, forecasting email spend and revenue to ensure channel is on trend to revenue plan
What Title Nine needs from you:
- You've got 3-5 years of experience in a highly analytical role, including 2+ years of demonstrated success in email marketing for ecommerce (from concept, to completion)
- Solid understanding of online marketing, preferably in the apparel or outdoor retail industries
- Understanding of HTML and email design best practices
- An Excel pro; SQL knowledge a plus
- Prior experience working with an email service provider, managing email campaigns, and reporting on results
- Strong analytical background using data and a hypothesis-driven approach to tackle strategic problems and synthesize results into recommendations
- A self-motivated, results-driven hard worker with the ability to multi-task and prioritize independently in a fast paced environment
- Deep commitment to gain knowledge of the customer and the market
- Where most folks might see problems, you see solutions
- A love of chocolate, thick skin and a sense of humor a must!
back to top
We have an immediate need for a part-time, freelance mid-level graphic designer who will work onsite 2 days (or 16 hours) per week.
You will assist our digital art director in translating concepts from our seasonal catalogs into digital and print executions: web pages, emails, display and social ads, retail signage, collateral.
You will have prior experience working in e-commerce/retailing.
Culturally, we're looking for a product user who is passionate about building a brand online, is a self-starter, is exceptionally detail-oriented, and thrives in a fast-paced, production-oriented environment.
- Assist the digital art director in planning and executing the seasonal launch package
- Design/produce home pages, gateways, banners, web assets for desktop and mobile
- Design/produce emails
- Design/produce display and social media ads
- Design/produce retail posters
- BA degree in Graphic Design/related field or equivalent work experience
- Must possess excellent layout/design/production skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience (e-commerce and apparel experience is a plus)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Keen sense of typography, photo-editing and copy editing
- Ability to self-manage to meet tight deadlines
back to top
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love working out in quality women's gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment and have experience in Retail, Customer Service, Contact Centers - look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you.
We're looking for fitness-inspired, enthusiastic, and energetic individuals to join our busy Customer Experience Center and be part of an exceptional Customer Service team. As a Customer Service team member you will be passionate about our customers (aka fans) and our products while excelling in a collaborative work environment. You'll be on the phones a lot, interacting with our fans and doing order entry, live-chat and emails! If you thrive in this environment, we need you!
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Process customer orders and requests either by telephone or electronically
- Respond to customers with accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Resolve customer issues
- Manage customer accounts
- Collaborate with others to solve problems
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Stay up-to-date on product knowledge
- Stellar communication skills – verbal and written
- Active listening skills
- Curiosity about finding solutions and getting to the bottom of things
- Rock-solid attention to detail and accuracy
- Passionate about helping people
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Initiative and drive
- Sense of humor and fondness of chocolate a plus
back to top
We're looking for a Store Managers for our San Diego (Carmel Valley), CA; Mill Valley, CA; and Edina, MN stores!
As Store Manager, you will lead the charge in your store. Each day you'll multi-task between people management, event development and retail sales, so you'll need managerial and leadership experience. You will work to meet and exceed your P&Ls, store budgets and projections while maintaining a strong connection to our customer and our brand. You will be called upon to hire and train your staff on an ongoing basis.
What you will do in this job:
- Ensure all budget and comp store sales goals are met and communicated to team.
- Continually coach and train team members on product knowledge.
- Enable and inspire team to share passion for our brand in a meaningful way.
- Consistently role model exceptional service for all team members.
- Conduct ongoing recruiting and hiring of exceptional staff.
- Actively network, recruit and interview to ensure applicant pipeline is full to ensure open positions are filled within a timely manner.
- Utilize customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service.
- Manage staffing levels and create schedules that support customer service and daily operations within budget.
- Recognize and respond to performance issues with honest and direct communication.
- Deliver consistently balanced results, drive for financial performance both "top & bottom line".
What Title Nine needs from you:
- 3+ years of retail management or related experience. Apparel management a plus!
- Passion for our product, sports, fitness and our brand.
- A strong track record of attracting, coaching, mentoring, developing and retaining an exceptional team.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external service.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational performance and manage to established budgets.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a constantly changing environment.
- Positive can do attitude.
- A love of chocolate and a sense of humor
back to top
We're looking for Assistant Store Managers for our Dallas, TX; Palo Alto; Mill Valley, CA stores!
Assistant Managers work 30-35 hours/week and must be able to work weekends.
Are you passionate about sports? Do you love the apparel industry and quality women's work out gear? If you are looking for a fun, fast-paced team environment to work in and have experience in Retail – look no further. Title Nine could be the place for you! Our Assistant Manager will work closely with the Store Manager in all aspects of running the store- including customer service, sales, retail operations, managing and mentoring the team. You'd also manage the store on the manager's days off. Duties include training new employees as well as multi-tasking between management and retail sales as a daily event.
Title Nine is a growing, entrepreneurial, multi-channel retailer of women's fitness and active apparel. We're everyday athletes and fitness fanatics and we're hoping you'll come join our team. As the Assistant Manager you will be friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. You will also be passionate about our product and women's participation in sport.
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us yourself, maybe a little known fact, how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life, or tell us about your interests outside of work. What makes you a potential T9 Assistant Manager?
back to top
We are always looking for sporty, enthusiastic individuals to work in our retail stores. Our Sales Associates are friendly, energetic, have a great sense of humor, work well as part of a team and most importantly…like to have fun. We are also looking for Sales Associates who are passionate about our product and women's participation in sport. A willingness to learn is more important than a background in retail sales.
Send your cover letter and resume in text format within the body of your email (no attachments, please!) to the store manager as listed below. We're always accepting resumes, and we'll contact you if there's a position available.
|San Diego, CA
|Los Gatos, CA
|Mill Valley, CA
|Palo Alto, CA
|Walnut Creek, CA
|Denver (Cherry Creek), CO
|Colorado Springs, CO
|Chicago (Lincoln Park), IL
|Salt Lake City, UT
|Seattle (Greenlake), WA
back to top