Whether we’re cliff-diving or kid-wrangling, Title Nine's athletic swimming suites are made to give women the coverage and support we need.
What sports need athletic swimwear?
If you’re jumping, stretching, or otherwise getting your sport on in water activities, you’re gonna want to try a sports swim suit.
- Surfing or SUPers should look for a bikini or one piece swimsuit that stays put, gives support, and offers UPF sun protection.
- Divers and swimmers, grab swimwear that isn't fussy and gives support and coverage in all the right places.
- Water polo players, cliff divers, and everybody in between, whether you’re looking for full bum coverage or something sporty and fun, we’ve got swimwear that will look great and stay exactly where you want it to.
So, what makes Title Nine athletic swimwear so great?
We build our swimwear for sports to move with you—no bunching, no wedgies, and definitely no embarrassing slip-ups. Here are some features to look for when you’re shopping for sports swim wear.
- Adjustable straps let you decide how much support you (and the girls) need.
- Stay put features like internal drawstrings give you the confidence to go for it, and forget about your suit.
- Built-in UPF sun protection means you can spend more time adventuring and less time reapplying. Fast-drying fabric that goes from waves to apres-swim in a snap.
- We put our suits to the test with our rockstar T9 athletes who take every swimsuit to its limit.
What types of swimsuits can be used for which types of sports?
At T9, every swimsuit we make is built for moving, from kid wrangling to cliff diving. But certain types of swimsuits sport just the right features for your favorite activities. Read on to find the best swimsuit for your sport.
: One piece suits are classic choices for competitive lap swimming and diving because of their no-nonsense functionality. Many T9 one piece suits come with racerback styling with adjustable straps—so you can worry about your lap times and not your slipping straps.
: Surfers and paddle boarders love bikinis for the freedom of movement they allow, but T9's sporty bikinis one-up the classic with supportive tops and stay put bottoms—because there's nothing worse than losing your suit in the middle of an epic set.
: Tankinis give us the best of both worlds—the coverage of a one-piece and the flexibility of a two-piece. A great all-around choice, tankinis can flex from lap swimming to poolside hang outs. If you're planning a super active day, make sure your tankini top is close-fitting—blouson and looser fits can float and billow a bit in water. (OK for playing with the kids, but not great for cliff diving.) Look for custom-made support in many of T9's tankini tops so you can dial in your fit.
- Rash Guards
: An extra layer of sun and abrasion protection, rash guards give us ocean-going women another layer between our skin and the elements. Surfers and SUPers benefit most from rashguards, but anyone who's looking for all-day sun protection can throw on a T9 rashguard with built-in UPF50 over their athletic swimming suits and be ready for whatever adventures their day brings.
But how do I choose a style that works for my body?
The best suit for you is a suit that makes you feel your best. That’s why we give you choices, and lots of them, so you can mix and match your way to your perfect swimsuit. Our swimsuits sport all kinds of different styles that are built to keep up with you.
- Supportive tops, from a strappy bikini top to full-coverage underwire support, halters to tankinis.
- Tank one-piece and high-neck swimsuits that don’t ride up, flatter every body, and give the coverage you want.
How do you size athletic swimsuits?
All swimsuits stretch a bit when wet (and no one wants to lose theirs mid-dive) so it's key to get the right fit to keep athletic swimming suits in place. A slightly firm, almost compressive fit on dry land is a good start. If it's barely holding on when it's dry, it will easily let go when it's wet, so a snug fit is best. Every T9 swimsuit style includes a swim-style specific sizing chart, but if you're looking for a good base fit, check out the T9 Swim Fit Guide
to get tips and pointers on how to get your perfect sports swim suit fit.
Want to dive deeper on athletic swimming suits?