We size our sports bras
to fit your uniquely shaped bodies, so why be satisfied with small, medium, or large sizes when it comes to bikini tops
and tankini tops
? T9's bra-sized swimwear lets you dial in your fit so your bikini top or tankini top supports you in all the right places, especially if you're C-DDD cup. And our bra-sized bikini tops and tankini tops come in a bunch of styles, colors, and prints so you don't have to sacrifice function for fashion.
What is bra sized swimwear?
Using your bra size
to shop for swimwear lets you fit your bikini top or tankini to your body shape by using your unique cup size and band size combination. You get the support of your favorite bra but in a swimsuit. Title Nine's selection of bra-sized swimwear includes underwire bikini tops and underwire tankini top options, many with removable pads and adjustable straps. With a variety of designs, from strappy v-neck underwired bikini tops to ruched underwire tankinis, you can find the suit that fits you (and your body) best.
Can't I just wear a bra with my swimsuit?
While it's technically possible to wear a bra under your swimsuit, there are a lot of reasons why bringing your bra to the beach is less than ideal. Here's why you should skip the bra and get a supportive, stay-put bra sized bikini or tankini top instead.
- Soggy boobs: Unlike your bikini top, your bra isn't built to stand up to salt water and chlorine. And that high-tech quick-dry swim fabric your bikini top is made of? If you're wearing your bra underneath, expect a soggy mess for hours, since bras (and any built-in padding that comes with them) aren't designed to dry quickly.
- Lumpy bumps: Swimsuits aren't designed to layer on top of bras, so peeking straps and fabric lumps are inevitable both in the water and on the beach.
- Comfort: It's just not comfortable to double up when you want to go for a swim! And why should you? T9's bra-sized swimwear comes with all the features of your favorite bras, from underwire support to adjustable straps and built-in padding.
Is bra sized swimwear true to size or does the size change when wet?
Bikini tops designed to move with you shouldn't sag and bag when wet. But even the best bikini tops and tankini tops can loosen slightly in the water. That's why your bikini, tankini, or one piece swimsuit should fit with a snug, almost compressive fit on dry land, without any big bulges or spillovers. Every T9 bra-sized swimsuit has a style-specific sizing guide, so you can dial in your fit, but if you're looking for more general tips on finding the perfect size swimsuits for you, check out our swim fit guide.
How do I decide between underwire and no underwire swimwear?
Forget any old-school ideas about underwires—stiff, pokey, uncomfortable wires are a thing of the past. T9 underwired bikini tops and underwire tankinis are built to move and stretch with you (and support you and the girls, no matter what adventure you're jumping into). Here are a few things to think about as you decide whether you want an underwire bikini or underwire tankini top:
- Cup Size: If you're sporting a larger bust (specifically D-cup, DD-Cup and up) an underwire can give you the extra support you need to keep the girls feeling perky.
- Activity: The more you're planning on moving in your swimsuit, the more support you need. Consider an underwire bikini top if you're planning on jumping into some beach volleyball, while a poolside lounge day might not need as much support.
- Other Support Options: Underwires aren't the only line of defense in our quest to stop the bounce. Other swimsuit top features, like a wider, adjustable band, removable cups, or adjustable straps can help customize the fit of swimwear to help give the support you need.
Will underwire swimsuits hold up in salt or chlorinated water?
What materials are better for underwire swimwear? Our underwire swimsuits are specifically designed to hold their own in salt water and the chlorinated water of the pool. Specific swim materials, like T9's Surflex solid color swim
fabric, are designed to be colorfast, resilient, and quick-drying, so your suit can keep up with even the most adventurous women. Underwire swimsuits, like every bathing suit, require proper care to keep them in peak form: handwash if you can, machine wash if you must, and never, ever put them in the dryer. Want more tips on caring for your swimsuit? Check out our handy swimsuit care instruction
Can I play sports in an underwire swimsuit?
Absolutely! Underwires are designed to give your bikini top or tankini top the extra support you need to run and jump without the bounce. Add in supportive styles like racerback tankini swimsuits with built-in padding, and your bra-size swimsuit can keep up with your every move.